Friday, October 25, 2013

Mini Reese's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


This post marks the craziest, longest, [almost] most stressful week of my life. 5 midterms + 1 presentation that we had only 1 night to prep for! But I'm keeping it cool, for the most part. And sleep is my friend. I don't care about studying, I NEED SLEEP! Anyways, I didn't bake at all this week, which is like...BIG for me. So here's the first thing I did after finishing midterms. Yea I'm crazy, I know. Done in like 20 minutes, try it out. They're delish! (I only let myself eat 1/2 of a cookie to try..because I'm trying to stay away from sugar). -.- But if you aren't then go ahead and indulge. 
















Ingredients
  • 1 sticks softened butter
  • 1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
  • large eggs
  • 1/2 Tablespoon pure vanilla
  • 1 3/4 Cupall purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 bag mini Reese's 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. 
  2. Cream wet ingredients: butter sugars, egg, vanilla, well! 
  3. Mix together flour salt and baking soda. 
  4. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  5. Take a big cookie dough scoop (3 tbls) and split the ball in half. Stick the Reese's in the middle and seal the edges. 
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on bottom. INDULGE! 
Adapted from none other than: Picky Palate


Literally, Thanks GOD it's Friday! He got me through this week, and it's crazy how secure you begin to feel once you start lifting up your desires to the Lord in prayer. I just read a devo telling how much Jesus, the Son of God, went in quiet to pray. Can you imagine, THE Son of God, prayed that much, how much should we be talking to our God? I'm ashamed of how much I lack prayer in my life. And it's something I'm working on daily now.
Luke 6:12-13 ~ Now during those days [Jesus] went out to the mountain to pray; and he spent the night in prayer to God. And when day came, he called his disciples and chose twelve of the, whom he also named apostles.

The purpose of living is not to learn to make prayer, but to become prayer; to live in and for God according to the divine call, wholly surrendered to the Spirit's activity in the soul for the glory of God. - Father Gilbert Shaw

"Never, in peace or war, commit your virtue or your happiness to the future. Happy work is best done by the man who takes his long-term plans somewhat lightly and works from moment to moment ‘as to the Lord.’ It is only our daily bread that we are encouraged to ask for. The present is the only time in which any duty can be done or any grace received." -C.S. Lewis   [Thanks for the reminder Abigail!]


No comments:

Post a Comment